The pros are:
- strong interaction between inside and outside space
- restrained use of both trees and street furniture
- wonderfully integrated traffic movement area – a complete street
- Evocative skyline and articulated facades as promised by the building on the left did not carry through the other buildings on this side of the plaza.
- The buildings are not tall enough to give as much enclosure to the plaza as is needed. They are essentially 2-1/2 stories, even with the extended roof heights. To me, only one more story on each would have made this plaza much more cozy.
- The CCTV tower sends an Orwellian message – but they do everywhere in England.